July 13, 2023
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Toast:
- 4 slices Portofino Bakery Peasant Loaf
- 1 wheel Comox Brie
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon basil, sliced
To Make the Blueberry Sauce:
- Place the blueberries, sugar and water into a small pot. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, or until thickened. Stir the blueberry sauce occasionally to avoid burning.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and let cool while you prepare the toast.
To Assemble the Toasts:
- Preheat the oven to broil. Place the bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast the bread under the broiler until each side is golden brown. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the top rind of the brie. Use a spoon to scoop out the interior of the brie and spread 1 tablespoon of the brie into each toast.
- Place the brie-covered toast back onto the parchment-lined baking tray and broil for 2 minutes, or until the brie is melted and slightly golden.
- Remove the toasts from the oven and top with 2 tablespoons of blueberry sauce and a sprinkling of lemon zest and basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!