November 4, 2019
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 tbsp Gallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of San Remo Diced Tomatoes (796 ML)
- 2 cups of Yams, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 6 Farmer Ben’s Eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cilantro, garnish
- 6 pcs of toasted Portofino 5 Grain West Coast Bread, served on the side
Heat olive oil In a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and pepper and cook for about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced yams and cook for about 8 minutes. Pour the diced tomatoes and add cumin, paprika, coriander and salt & pepper. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens like a stew.
- Create 6 small nests in the stew by in inserting a spoon into the mixture and making a circle motion. Gently crack the Farmer Ben’s Eggs into the nest. Season eggs with salt & pepper. Cover skillet and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with a toasted Portofino 5 Grain West Coast Bread.