September 14, 2020
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 small onion, diced
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 Links Red Barn’s Own Mild Italian Pork Sausage, sliced into 1/4″ thick coins
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Red Barn’s Own Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until nearly-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Add the onion and sauté in olive oil until soft. Add rosemary, bay leaves, and crushed red pepper. Add the tomatoes.
Cook until bubbly and hot.
- Add the cooked pasta, cream and cheese to the tomatoes. Toss until well combined.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.