December 9, 2021
Serves: 18 tarts
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- 400 g ground turkey
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricots, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- ½ cup flour, for rolling out puff pastry sheets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the ground turkey, grated onion, cranberries, apricots, salt, pepper and spices to a large mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients together until combined.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean work surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry into a 12×12 inch square.
- Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter to cut out 9 circles of puff pastry per sheet. This will give you 18 tarts.
- Beat the egg and the 1 tablespoon of water together in a small bowl to create an egg wash.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of the turkey mixture to the centre of each puff pastry round and press down so that the turkey mixture is 1 cm thick. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash on the edges of the puff pastry and pinch the sides together to seal.
- Transfer the assembled tart to a parchment-lined baking sheet and continue the process for the rest of the tarts, making sure to space them at least 1 inch apart from each other.
- Brush the edges of the tarts with the egg wash to create a golden finish then bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the warm tarts to a serving platter and garnish with some chopped parsley. Enjoy!