Prep Time: 15-20 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Mins
Total: 1 Hour 50 Mins
- 1 Extra Large Cauliflower head
- 5 tbsp. Melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, skin on
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mushroom Gravy Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2-4 c beef stock or veggie stock
- Preheat oven to 450C. Wash Cauliflower and put in large skillet. Rub 2 tablespoons of melted butter, season with salt and pepper. Add garlic cloves around cauliflower.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and slightly charred. Brush with the remaining melted butter halfway through.
- Check if cauliflower is ready. Sprinkle with chopped green onions (optional). Set aside to cool.
Directions (Mushroom Gravy):
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, herbs and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Keep stirring until mushrooms are sold and golden for about 4 minutes. Take roasted garlic cloves from the other skillet containing the cauliflower. Remove garlic skin and add to the mushroom mix. Break up cloves with spoon.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute then add 2 cups of beef/veggie broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and wait for about 4-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened to your desired consistency.
- Serve gravy on the side of your roasted cauliflower.