Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. pasta (spaghetti works well)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12″ skillet or wide heavy saucepan over medium-high. Add garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.
3. Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Add grated Mozzarella or fresh Arugula to wilt
Add red pepper flakes to spice it up
Note: If you don’t have cherry tomatoes available , use grape tomatoes