July 12, 2019
- 2 1/2 lbs. rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Put rhubarb in a 9″ x 9″ dish and stir in cornstarch and sugars. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover dish with foil and bake just until liquid is just starting to bubble, about 20 minutes.
- While the rhubarb cooks, make the topping by combining all the ingredients.
- Uncover dish and scatter topping over fruit. Bake until top is golden brown and rhubarb is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top warm rhubarb crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!