October 14, 2021
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Water, for boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g spaghetti
- 4 strips Red Barn Double Smoked Bacon, cut into 1-cm strips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the salt and the spaghetti to the pot. Stir and cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon. Cook the bacon over medium-high heat in a large frying pan until crisp. Drain the bacon fat so that you have 1 tablespoon of fat left in the pan.
- Add the eggs to a bowl and whisk to combine. Then add the Parmesan cheese and pepper, and mix to combine again.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it into the pan with the bacon and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, pour in the egg and Parmesan cheese mixture on top of the warm pasta and stir vigorously to combine. This will create a nice smooth sauce.
- Once the pasta is coated in the sauce, place the pasta in a bowl and garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and some more black pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe created by a local Victoria recipe developer; Melissa from from Season & Serve Blog