March 14, 2023
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups day-old jasmine rice, cooked (see notes)
- ½ cups pineapple, chopped
- ½ cup pre-cooked baby shrimp, thawed
- 1 scallion, sliced
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large pot frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, followed by the egg. Fry the egg for 1-2 minutes, chopping it into small pieces. Once the egg is cooked, remove it from the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, followed by the garlic, onion, and curry powder. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the red and green bell pepper to the pan. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the rice becomes toasted and crispy. Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the pineapple, shrimp, and sauce, and mix to combine. Cook the rice for another 2 minutes to allow the flavours to come together.
- Serve the rice on a plate or in a hollowed-out pineapple. Top with scallions and enjoy!
- Prepare the jasmine rice one to two days before you want to make this recipe to ensure that it is dry. Simply cook 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of water for 20-25 minutes on low heat. Once cooked, you will have 2 cups of cooked rice.