February 9, 2022
Servings: 10 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 3 hrs 30 min | Total Time: 3 hrs 40 min
- 2lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 30 oz kidney beans, two 15 oz cans, drained and rinsed
- 30 oz diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 10 oz diced tomatoes and green chilies, with their juice
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and sautée beef until it releases fat (4-5 minutes), breaking it up with a spatula.
- Add onion and green pepper to the skillet and sautée until tender (4-5 minutes). Add minced garlic and seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Cook another 30 seconds stirring constantly. Transfer to a 6 Qt slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients into the slow cooker: rinsed and drained beans, diced tomatoes with their juice, diced tomatoes and green chilies with juice and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Season to taste if desired and top with sour cream, shredded cheddar & green onion.