September 3, 2019
Prep: 5 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
Total: 20 Mins
- 1 tablespoon Gallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1.25 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 whole butter lettuce
- In a medium sized pan, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add olive oil and red onion. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and Sauté for an additional 20-30 seconds.
- Add the lean ground turkey, cook for about 7-9 minutes. Add the diced carrots and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, cumin, ancho child powder, salt & pepper. Stir well to make sure all spices are mixed together.
- Add the cooked ground turkey on top of the butter lettuce and add chopped green onions then serve!
For additional flavour, try it with Lime & Cilantro Crema! Combine 1 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, 1/2 Liberté plain greek yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, salt & pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour this crema mixture on top of your tacos and add diced avocados and cherry tomatoes!