Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
For the Pasta & Vegetables:
- Water, for boiling
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 250 grams orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 cups), sliced into 2-mm thick rounds
- 3 ears fresh corn, corn sliced off the cob (about 3 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped, for garnish
For the Ricotta Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups extra smooth ricotta cheese, plus ½ cup extra for garnish
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pasta water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water, followed by the pasta. Stir, reduce the heat to medium, and let cook for 8-9 minutes (or according to package directions) until al dente.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil, the zucchini rounds, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the zucchini have softened and have become a light golden brown.
- Next, add the corn to the pan with the zucchini with the garlic and black pepper. Mix to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the corn has become bright yellow.
- Next, make the ricotta sauce. Add the ricotta to a medium-sized bowl along with the Parmesan, lemon zest, and black pepper. Use a measuring cup to scoop ¼ cup of the pasta water from the pot and slowly add it into the ricotta mixture, mixing to combine. Continue to add the pasta water ¼ cup at a time, mixing in between each addition, until you have added 1 full cup. Set aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked pasta from the pot into the frying pan. Toss to combine.
- Next, reduce the heat to medium and add in the ricotta mixture. Toss to combine and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the sauce is clinging to the pasta and there is very little water left in the pan.
- Serve in bowls garnished with basil leaves and an extra scoop of ricotta cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!