November 7, 2019
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1” cubes
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, cut in large chunks
- 2 tbsp Gallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Liberte unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups Pacific Organic Chicken Broth
- Basil, garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place butternut squash and apple chunks in a large plastic bag and drizzle with Gallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake well..
- In a medium baking sheet, spread squash and apples making an even layer. Roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add diced onion. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add Pacific Organic Chicken Broth and roasted squash/apple mixture to the blender and start to puree mixture.
- Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste before serving. Garnish with basil then serve!