November 15, 2023
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes| Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 strips Double Smoked Bacon
- 8 medium jalapeno peppers, 7 finely chopped, 1 thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 250-gram packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, full fat
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups Red Barn Marble cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- Nacho chips, for serving
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the bacon to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove the cooked bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Set aside and let cool.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan. Place the pan over medium-high heat. Add the 7 chopped jalapenos, celery, and shallot to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables have softened. Once soft, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 2 cups of grated marble cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and scallions. Reserve at least 1 tablespoon of the scallions for garnish.
- Slice the cooled bacon into 1-centimeter sized pieces and add to the cheese mixture along with the cooled vegetables. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the chopped bacon for garnish. Mix to combine.
- Scoop the dip into an 8×8 inch baking dish and use a spatula to smooth out the dip into an even layer.
- Top the dip with the remaining 1 cup of marble cheese, and arrange the reserved bacon, scallions, and sliced jalapeno on top of the dip.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with nacho chips. Enjoy!
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos to enjoy a milder Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- You can make this recipe up to 2 days in advance. Simply cover and keep refrigerated until ready to bake.